Coconut fiber usage has become very common among professionals in various industries due to the versatility of the product. In the horticultural, agricultural, or erosion control sector, coir has a remarkable reputation for its superiority to other available natural materials in the market.
Coir fiber is found between the husk & the outer shell of a coconut husk. The individual fiber cells are narrow and hollow, with thick walls made of cellulose. They are pale when immature but later become hardened and yellowed as a layer of lignin is deposited on their walls. The high lignin content (46% by weight) of coco fibers makes it naturally resistant to mold and rot and requires no chemical treatment. Lignin is a complex chemical compound and is an integral part of the secondary cell walls of plants and some algae. It is known to be on e of the most abundant organic polymers on Earth.
Cocopeat is a natural, renewable product produced from coconut husks. Coco peat add value to potting mixes by adding 10‐50% good quality Cocopeat to their potting mixtures. The plants grown in Cocopeat require less frequent watering as a result of more water holding capacity of the Cocopeat. More number of finer roots in a shorter time can be seen in potting soil containing Cocopeat. The roots get more aeration resulting in healthier plants.
The Cocopeat ensure sufficient amount of water for the plant without compromising on the drainage capacity. This in turn will result in more available water for the plants as well as better aeration for the roots. And the result of this can be observed in production and quality.
Benefits of using CG Coco peat/Coir peat/coco pith
• CG peat is 100% Natural, an organic Bio‐degradable matter.
• CG peat is an Eco‐friendly renewable resource.
• CGpeat is a viable alternative to peat moss.
• CGpeat is a perfect multipurpose growing media.
• The right CGpeat has high aeration (air porosity)
• CGpeat absorbs water easily but doesn’t absorb too much.
• CG peat Enhance strong and healthy root system
• CGpeat is a very stable product that can be used for many years
without decomposition affecting its physical make‐up.
• Cocopeat can be treated.
• Increased potassium levels
• Improved phosphorus levels
• Increased cation exchange capacity
• Improved nutrient retention
• Reduced frequency and rates of fertiliser application
CoirGreen ™ is an Environmentally Friendly company based in Sri Lanka, manufacturing a wide range of products for the horticultural and erosion control sectors. All products manufactured by Coir Green are environmentally sustainable and made out of natural coir fiber as a raw material. More information can be obtained by visiting Coir Green website on www.coirgreen.com.
Use environmentally sustainable products and help protect our environment for future generations to come.